Donation Request Information
We focus our support on the following:
- K-12 Public Schools
- First Responders
Harbor Freight Tools proudly supports students and teachers in K-12 public schools across the country with Harbor Freight gift cards. The following are eligible activities:
- School raffles and fundraisers, including PTO/PTA and Boosters
- Classroom projects & clubs that inspire hands-on learning, such as Robotics, Skills
- School improvement projects, including landscaping, painting, field/playground improvements, storage, and safety/PPE items USA
- Skilled trades education programs that emphasize the expert use of tools and materials to build or repair products and structures, such as automotive, carpentry, construction, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, welding, manufacturing, and agriculture mechanics
Harbor Freight Tools is also a major supporter of Harbor Freight Tools for Schools, a program of The Smidt Foundation. With a deep respect for the dignity of the skilled trades, and for the intelligence and creativity of people who work with their hands, Harbor Freight Tools for Schools aims to drive a greater understanding of and investment in skilled trades education, believing that access to quality skilled trades education gives high school students pathways to graduation, opportunity, good jobs, and a workforce our country needs. For more information, visit: harborfreighttoolsforschools.org.
Harbor Freight has a deep appreciation and respect for the people who serve our country in the armed forces. We are indebted to these veterans for their service in protecting the safety, rights and freedoms we cherish as Americans. We support non-profit veteran-serving organizations with Harbor Freight gift cards for the following types of activities:
- Raffles and fundraisers
- Direct services to veterans, such as health and wellness, housing, food, job placement, and recovery programs for wounded/disabled veterans
- Veterans memorials
- Veterans gardens, museums, cemeteries
We salute the people who serve in America’s police and fire departments, and we are grateful for their daily commitment to keep our communities safe and secure. We support local Fire Departments, and Law Enforcement and EMS agencies with Harbor Freight gift cards for the following types of activities:
- Raffles and fundraisers
- Tools and safety equipment
- Improvement projects, such as repairs to Police, Fire and EMS facilities
Donation Request Guidelines and Criteria
Our support for community activities is directed to K-12 public schools, veteran-serving organizations, and first responders, and we regret that we cannot fulfill all requests for support. Recipients must be U.S. based organizations, and must certify that they maintain current tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)3 or (c)19 of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code, or the equivalent.
- We do not make donations to
- Criteria for donation requests
- Social and fraternal organizations
- Individuals or scholarships
- Sports organizations, including youth, amateur and professional athletic teams or events
- Political, legislative, or lobbying organizations
- Post-Secondary or private schools
- Religiously affiliated institutions, groups and events
- Applicant organization must hold current tax-exempt status for at least one year as a public charity under Section 501(c)(3), or (19) of the Internal Revenue Code, listed on the IRS Master File and conducting activities within the United States prior to applying. Requests from organizations without a 501(c)3 or (19) status, or the equivalent, will be declined.
- Eligible nonprofit organizations requesting a donation must operate on the local level (or as an affiliate/chapter of a larger organization operating locally) and their work must directly benefit the service area of the facility from which they are requesting funding.
- Due to the volume of requests, organizations may submit only one donation request and/or receive one donation from Harbor Freight Tools within a calendar year (January 1 – December 31).
- Harbor Freight Tools reserves the right, without prior notice and in its sole and absolute discretion, to decline a donation request and/or update our guidelines and eligibility criteria at any time.
- By completing this application, you consent to Harbor Freight Tools contacting you to request photos to share on our website and social media channels and will reasonably cooperate with this request.
Please note that all required documentation, i.e., Tax ID Number, IRS Declaration letter, or NCES ID number, must be submitted within 30 days of the donation request. If documentation is not submitted within 30 days, the request will be declined.
Click on the link below to complete our online donation request form.